Friday, September 30, 2016

Waking Up in Treviso

9/18 - 8:43am

Woke up this morning to the sound of a million elves river dancing on the roof. The pitter pat of rain hasn't ceased since last night and the thunder crack is as loud as ever. It's 8:45 and the family has gone up to the west wing rooftop room for breakfast. I joined them for a beautiful spread of biscuits and sweets and a perfectly made macchiato. Knowing check out was at 10:30 I quickly went back to our room, opened the shutters climbed into bed and am looking out the window at the cafe across the street through a sheet of rain. There is an awning outside where the Italians are sipping their espressos and smoking cigarets and I'm loving every ounce of this culture. I'm thinking about the guy who owns this B&B, maybe 10 rooms here, where he and his wife run everything, room change overs, front desk, breakfast, dishes, and think how great that simple routine of life must be - and also thankful that we get to stay here and that it's not our life at the moment. Time to drive home to Umbria now, 4 hours in the pouring rain. At least I get to wear my pajamas all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment