Thursday, September 22, 2016

Zanotto Baldo Reunion

9/17 - 11:11am

Woke up in Treviso after what can only be described as an Italian soiree booze fest with some of my favorite aunts uncles and cousins and family I have never met before.  There were about 95 of us in total jammed into this tiny wood-oven pizza restaurant speaking 88% Italian and 12% English, singing hopeful World War 2 songs guzzling chilled red wine and unlimited pizza.  I had a great moment when the night was winding down with the cousins over at the bar drinking grappa and laughing at how poor my Italian was, but just enough to know I’m still funny even in Italian (well at least I think).  We are off to downtown Treviso for the night just the 4 of us.  This town is the perfect blend of old world stone and cobble streets meets Versace modern.  The Rodeo Drive of Italy.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment