Friday, September 30, 2016

Bologna & The Olive Tree

9/20 - 1:00pm

What a perfect day.  I am sitting out on the back patio as the sun beams down on the single olive tree that is perfectly manicured and has the honor of the owners dog as fertilizer.  I haven’t really stared at it much but now that I am I can’t take my eyes off it.  The sun is shining in such a way that the shadow on the ground looks like the roots growing from beyond the base of the trunk.  Ha, I sound like I've been drinking too much.  Today we are just relaxing all day long and I hope to get some uninterrupted God time.

Our drive home from Treviso was actually a lot easier than I thought.  The rain was light and we stopped off in Bologna where the sun had completely broken through and had lunch at a salumeria that had the best mortadella both Shi and I have ever tasted.  A quick beer at Open Baladin (and one to go) and we were back on the road.  Bologna is beautiful and historic but I’ll take our small town in Montone all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment