Friday, September 30, 2016

Treviso

9/18 - 2:02am

It's 2am and I'm lying in bed looking at Facebook like an idiot and the city is alive in our bedroom. No joke it was so loud 5 minutes ago it woke Shiloh up and she walked to the windows and looked out because it sounded like a 90's LA riot. I calmed her by saying, "it's okay babe, just Italians." Even as I'm writing this I'm wondering if I'm missing a firework show or a live election or something.  I mean, we left the kids in the B&B room and went and had drinks at the bar downstairs until 12:30 and I thought we were solid, but this is next level. I kind of want to book another night and see if we can hang! I am not falling asleep anytime soon thanks to my OCD FOMO so I might as well watch Stranger Things on Netflix.  It feels like just minutes ago we were in town having sushi, hanging at the fish market, dining on the river.  And now I am in another world lying here in bed.  Peace out Treviso.

...

Wait. I'm back.  It’s only been 37 minutes. This shiz just got so much cooler! Now lightning is striking the city center and its dumping rain and the thunder is so defining that it's setting off car alarms and everyone is getting shnockered and cheering (but secretly they must be scared out of their minds) - and deep down I am a little boy again experiencing my first storm. I am squatting by the only un-shuttered window in our place watching the lightning crash against the concrete just outside and in awe of the power and sound and blown away by the Italians ability to continue to drink through it.  I mean, I'm safe up in this room (I think) but they are literally on the street. Shiloh just woke up again from the thunder and asked me what's happening and I told her and she said "no really what's happening" and I was like "you wouldn't believe me if I said it again" and boom, she is back asleep. I envy her ability to do that. I will be awake all night now knowing it is pouring rain, lightning and thunder and people are still crushing booze right outside my room.  I LOVE THIS!

Thank you Treviso.

No comments:

Post a Comment