Monday, October 17, 2016

Watching the rain with friends

10/15/16 - 1:51am

Why am I still awake this late?  ...because I have spent the last 3 hours sitting on the porch 50% under the awning with a wet blanket and my dear friends watching the sheets of rain sprinting down our brick step driveway while God sends lightning bolts by Thor that stretch across the sky with supporting thunder in the deepest of bass.  This is my heaven.  It would be a lie to say a tear didn’t fall from my eye.  Lame.  I know.  But this is my jam!  Thank you Jesus for tonight.

The precursor to this majesty was a 6 hour meal of a multi-fish coursed dinner involving fire, Pirates and our beautiful wives...and my two incredible children... and I guess the kittens too.  We started with an antipasti of mixed fish snacks and toast points (boquerones, smoked salmon and salmon sashimi), then onto the grill, 2 small whole fish and one mega (wish I knew what they were, I’d pretend normally to make myself sound cool, but the reality is I have no clue - their name tonight is Amazingfish), oh wait, there’s more, Shiloh made possibly the best risotto I’ve ever had with Mic’s micro clams in white wine broth, and if that wasn't enough, how about another filet of snapper on the grill, just for good measure.

Then came the card games, Amaro, and rain baby rain!  Work is done for the day as of 9 minutes ago and now I can go to sleep if I wanted to, but, I, don’t.  It’s One Republics new album, more rain, thunder and his good friend lightning while I sit back out on the porch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment