Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Schloss Elmau

11/20 - 12:51pm

So this is what happens when life gets in the way. I've found that all humans in their own mind and in their own way are always busy. Between work, family, social events even social media we use up our hours. But I've also noticed that there are better ways to do things. When I am focused on God, my children and beautiful wife, friendships and just the overall beauty surrounding me, the technology takes a complete back seat and to even take my computer or phone out to write about our experiences seems taxing. And I think that is a good thing.

The last few days for me have been exactly that. After bidding the Grants adieu from what was a short but incredibly sweet time, we saddled up and headed 6 hours north to Germany. The plan, 8 full days of pure beauty in the valley castle Schloss Elmau’s 5 star resort, surrounded by snow capped mountains and vivid evergreens. Shiloh and the girls ditched the dudes and kids to head up the road an hour to another retreat for a few days of pure indulgence and relaxation celebrating Heather's birthday. And as much as I knew I'd miss her, I also knew the kids and I would have a great time here. Other than the lord of the flies community the children have built and the infinite freedom we have given them (a hint of irresponsibility from us dads, but at the same time very healthy freedom for the kids) it has been nothing short of perfection. Not to mention it is snowing!

I am laying poolside at the indoor family spa with windows that look out to endless beauty and snow capped mountains while my kids run a cycle of sauna, ice shower, pool, hydrate. They could likely go for hours, but I'm afraid they'll weigh 20lbs less if I don't shut it down soon... so I will break this brilliant relaxation for some schnitzel and beers!

Shiloh arrives in a couple hours and we are heading for a hike up to the top of a mountain where a cabin of chefs and wine are waiting for us. This is the true definition of spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment