Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Archery, Vino & Luce

11/24 - 4:44pm

I am getting way to used to this lifestyle. This is like the best 6th grade camp ever. Tuesday night we shut down the restaurant at the retreat at 2am after 9 bottles of wine. At all times there was a crowd of employees hanging out with us at our table sharing drinks, stories, and adding to the heavy American vibe I'm sure we were already putting off.

I completely passed out on my laptop in bed, first time I've ever done something like that.

Magically I woke up feeling great and we took the kids down to the family pool and spent all day swimming and clocking max sauna time. At 3 the kids headed off to archery lessons - yes, they gave 13 kids real bows and real arrows. Thank you Jesus that no one died. Meanwhile we enjoyed a full on wine tasting of some of the most incredible Napa wines. We connected back with the kids at 6, got them fed, then locked them up in the room to watch movies while we went out to the Michelin Star restaurant Luce and had our minds blown, as well as the best wine pairing we've ever experienced. The somm spent all night with us and it was magical. Drinks at the bar upstairs and then we turned in at 1:30.

Today we decided to spend another full day together just the four of us and max out the spa time. I am sitting here in bed, hydrating and readying myself for a thanksgiving feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment